The National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) has launched a campus in Daman. The campus is located in the Govt. Engineering College Campus at Mota Falia, Varkund, Nani Daman.
The institute will provide the existing industrial hub in Daman with trained, skilled and visionary manpower helping them grow and successfully overcome the challenges of the future. Simultaneously, it will also empower locals with the opportunity to enhance their employability and future.
The campus will also provide a platform for collaborative R&D by industry and academia fostering an environment of innovation and incubation.
What is NIFT? Is it a government college?
- The National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) is a group of fashion colleges in India.
- NIFT is a renowned design college offering both undergraduate and postgraduate programs for design and fashion technology aspirants.
- It was established in 1986 under the aegis of the Ministry of Textiles, Government of India and is an institution of design, management and technology for the international fashion business.
What is the average salary of a NIFT pass-out?
- It is around Rs 2.50 lakh per annum
What is the age limit to apply for the NIFT Courses?
Total number of seats in NIFT across India?
- There are 17 National Institutes of Fashion Technology (NIFTs) in operation and together they offer a combined intake of 4, 565 seats for Indian nationals.
List of Courses offered by NIFT
- Bachelor of Design (Fashion Design)
- Bachelor of Design (Leather Design)
- Bachelor of Design (Accessory Design)
- Bachelor of Design (Textile Design)
- Bachelor of Design (Knitwear Design)
- Bachelor of Design (Fashion Communication)
- Bachelor of Fashion Technology (Apparel Production)
- Master of Design
- MFM (Master of Fashion Management)
- M FTech (Master of Fashion Technology)
Eligibility for Admission in NIFT
- For UG courses: The candidate should be a Class 12th pass.
- For PG courses: The candidate should be a graduate.
What is the Difficulty Level of NIFT Entrance Exam
What is my chance of qualifying if I sit for NIFT Exams?
- In 2022, around 23,000 students appeared for the NIFT entrance exam to secure close to 4500 seats spread across UG and PG courses offered by this design and the fashion technology group of colleges.
- So, we can safely say that 1 in every 5 applicants (20% of total applicants) gets selected for the NIFT Exam.
- Which is quite high considering most of the competitive entrance exams in India has a success ratio much lower than this.
What is the Total Course Fee at NIFT?
- UG Courses: 12-13 lakh total
- PG Courses: 6-7 lakh total
List of all NIFT Colleges in India and their Ranking
|Colleges||India Today Rank 2021||Outlook Rank 2021|
|NIFT New Delhi||Rank 1||Rank 1|
|NIFT Navi Mumbai||Rank 2||Rank 2|
|NIFT Bengaluru||Rank 3||Rank 3|
|NIFT Chennai||Rank 4||Rank 4|
|NIFT Patna||Rank 5||Rank 5|
|NIFT Gandhinagar||Rank 6||Rank 6|
|NIFT Hyderabad||Rank 7||Rank 7|
|NIFT Kolkata||Rank 8||Rank 8|
|NIFT Kannur (Kerala)||NA||Rank 11|
|NIFT Raebareli||Rank 11||Rank 9|
|NIFT Shillong||Rank 12||NA|
|NIFT Kangra||Rank 16||NA|
|NIFT Daman||Just Launched||Just Launched|
For great career opportunity, get instant updates on Education, Career & Job
You have already subscribed
Story first published: Thursday, August 25, 2022, 17:40 [IST]