World Milk Day is a day dedicated to recognising the value of milk and milk products. It’s also a day to raise awareness about the dairy sector’s issues. Every year on June 1st, World Milk Day is commemorated.
Humans require milk as one of their most essential diets. It is important for children, adults, and old people. In India, milk is really a significant component of our diets. Milk can be consumed in a variety of ways, including raw as a drink or mixed with coffee or other flavours. Let’s learn everything about World Milk Day!
World Milk Day: Benefits
One of the most important elements for a balanced diet is milk. Milk provides numerous health benefits in addition to providing necessary proteins, fats, and vitamins. Here are a few reasons why you should drink milk on a daily basis.
- Milk is a good source of calcium and vitamin D.
- Milk is a high-potassium meal.
- Milk is rich in Magnesium.
- Milk has a lot of folate.
- Milk aids in the prevention of bone fractures and disorders such as osteoporosis.
- Milk consumption can lower the risk of heart disease and stroke.
- Drinking milk can help you feel better and function better.
World Milk Day: Importance
On June 1, 2001, the first-ever World Milk Day was observed. The purpose of the day is to raise public awareness about all aspects of natural milk, including its origins, nutritional benefits of milk and its products, and global economic significance.
The theme of World Milk Day 2022 is to draw attention to the climate change crisis and how the dairy industry can lessen its impact on environment. The goal is to reach ‘Dairy Net Zero’ by reducing greenhouse gas emissions and improving waste management over the next 30 years in order to make the dairy industry sustainable. The Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO) of the United Nations founded this day in 2001.
World Milk Day: Facts
- Milk is an important part of many people’s diets all across the world.
- Among other nutrients, milk is high in protein, calcium, and vitamin D.
- Today, there are numerous varieties of milk available in the market.
- The most frequent form of milk consumed worldwide is cow’s milk.
- For health reasons, most people believe that cow’s milk is preferable to other types of milk.
- Instead of cow’s milk, some people prefer to consume dairy products from other animals, such as goats or sheep.
- Milk is used in a variety of ways in cuisine all around the world.
- For many farmers around the world, dairy products are an important source of income.